Can You Find Different Types Of Apartment Buildings In Lafayette?
If you’re searching for an apartment, you’ll notice different types of apartment buildings in Lafayette. Almost all fall into one of the following classifications: high-rise, low-rise, and mid-rise. But which kind of property is better for you? Understanding the benefits and drawbacks of each one will help you figure out what type of apartment you would like to call home.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of High-rise Apartment Buildings
High-rise apartment buildings typically consist of at least ten stories. You’ll see them in downtown areas where their verticality lets them accommodate a fair number of occupants within a reasonable plot of land. Those who prefer residing in high-rise apartments pick them for the following reasons:
- High-rise structures give you exceptional views of Lafayette.
- Convenient locations downtown close to shopping, restaurants, and entertainment. Many high-rises also boast eating options or shops on the first floor.
- They will lower your commute time if you work or attend school within the city.
- High-rise buildings have elevators, so you won’t be required to lumber up stairs.
- At a high-rise, all of your property’s occupants reside in the same building. This can promote a more meaningful feeling of community as you chat in the hallways or when using the elevator. You could even benefit the attention of a doorman or concierge.
Although it has many perks, residing in a high-rise isn’t for every person. Coming home to a city high-rise is entertaining and exciting for numerous folks, but there’s a good chance you won’t like it if you crave peace and quiet. Departing for the day can also take a little longer when living in a high-rise, and a downtown area may have a limited amount of convenient parking. As a final note, high-rise options can be tiny to fit more homes into a restricted quantity of space.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Low-rise Apartment Buildings
So why should you contemplate moving to a low-rise option instead of other types of apartment buildings in Lafayette?
- Low-rises have more residences on the ground floor, giving occupants effortless accessibility to the building.
- Low-rise apartments usually offer more [parking spaces for tenants and others.
- There’s additional outside area to enjoy if you have a pet or an inclination for nature views outside your window instead of a busy city street.
- You’ll live in the more peaceful suburbia.
- You share common areas and hallways with fewer tenants and benefit from a greater amount of seclusion.
Even so, not everyone seeks these perks. If you would rather have the excitement and entertainment of downtown life, a more serene low-rise complex won’t be a good fit. Contingent on where you work or study, you may have an excessive drive from your low-rise unit too.
The Pros And Cons Of Mid-rise Apartment Buildings
- When finding a mid-rise apartment in suburbia, you’ll appreciate a serene setting and exterior area mixed with the social aspects of habitating in a more populated building.
- If you choose a mid-rise apartment in downtown Lafayette, you won’t encounter as many occupants as a high-rise but you may still enjoy the thrill of city living.
Having Trouble Deciding Which Apartment Building You Prefer? Visit Lovely Precedent Flats
At Precedent Flats, we integrate a lovely property with a popular location to offer an incredible apartment living experience. Contact us at 765-771-7085 or request a tour to view our spacious apartments and impressive amenities for yourself.